Sunday, July 18, 2010

Distorted Reality

Sometimes in life we have things that distract us from the way things really are or the way that they should be.  I find that many people search for such things to escape on or temporarily forget what is going on.  While I understand the need I dont think that is a good idea because it is just like running from the problem.  Drinking and drugs certainly can distort reality.

There is a band that had success in the UK but saw little of it here in the states.  Their best song in my opinion made it on the Cant Hardly Wait soundtrack and actually has two versions one for the UK and one for the US.  I have included the US one here for you.


Another song that I wanted to feature has a similar theme and ironically is a band of brothers from the UK as well.  They are famous for many fights, really long songs and lots of radio play.  Perhaps they were the greatest influence for modern rock bands in the UK.  Notice I said modern rock people so dont get insulted that I didnt mention the beloved Beatles.  While their first album was alright their sophomore album entitled Whats the Story Morning Glory was perhaps their best.  They did follow up with some good albums but ultimately they couldnt replicate that same success.  Perhaps their songs were just too long and all too similar to keep going and the fighting amongst themselves didnt help either.

Here is one of my favorites from that said album.  They have many from that album I could feature but this is one of the most famous ones.

0 comments: